From the functional point of view, ICCS5 provides:
- Flexible and fast distribution of voice and data signals, either plain or secure. External channels are dynamically assigned to users according to the prevailing operational requirements;
- Powerful internal communication capabilities including point-to-point and conference circuits. Compact, easy to use, voice terminals, enable simultaneous access to internal and external communication channels. Special facilities such as group calls, programmable priority break-in and wideband audio distribution are implemented as well;
- Remote control of the integrated communications equipment, including real-time status monitoring;
- Embedded Training facilities allowing the set-up of a communications training environment, coexisting with normal operation, it enables on-board users to develop their operational proficiency;
- Gateway to the Combat Management System either for control and/or status monitoring of the communication system.