EID has a vast and recognized experience in systems engineering and integration, offering multidisciplinary capabilities and expertise ranging from system design, supply, deployment and commissioning to the provision of training, maintenance and other integrated logistical support services.
The main areas of activities, in terms of systems integration, are Naval Communications, Tactical Communications, Surveillance and Homeland Security.
EID expertise covers communications, surveillance and other homeland security systems, combining technologies like radio communication, telecommunications systems engineering, data and voice networking, electromagnetic interference and compatibility, shock and vibration protection, antenna fields, power supply arrangement, radars, AIS (Automatic Identification Systems), VTS/VTMIS (Vessel Traffic Services), command, control and communication management, both for defence and civilian markets.
Among others, the following realizations stand up:
- Portuguese Navy and Joint Chief of Staff nation-wide, strategic communications networks
- Portuguese Ministry of Foreign Affairs secure communications network
- Shipborne integrated communications systems for several navies
- Portuguese Army’s Tactical Integrated Communications System
- Harbour Vessel Traffic Systems and AIS
Working alone or teaming with other partners, EID offers turnkey solutions, tailored to specific customer requirements and including not only the communications and information technology components of such solutions but also civil works and other specifically required components.